Sunday, 8 January 2012

Moving on to.... CSC72

Here goes: first submission to the Case Study Challenge Blog. The idea is to create a paper-crafting project using any ideas you take from the provided inspiration:
The card above was this week's inspiration:

I loved the idea of the "up-up-and-away" balloons, escaping through the top border of the card. As we moved this past summer, our house is still a little off-kilter, like the birdhouse in my version. Last time we moved, I had new-address cards made up by a local printer. This time, in the general confusion of moving houses and countries, it just didn't happen!
I hadn't yet used the stamp set "Bless This Nest," from Close to My Heart, so joining the challenge gave me an excuse to break it out and play with it; I stamped the tree holding the song-bird with a musical motif using a CTMH set called "Universal Backgrounds." The sentiment on the banner is from "houses4us" by {The Stamps of Life}.  The tree and balloons were cut out using Sizzix dies. I attempted to suggest clouds by stippling some grey ink, behind the balloons. I like to work in some twine ("charcoal" fit the colour scheme) from the Twinery) whenever possible! I high-lighted the balloons with a little Sakura Glaze pen.
The challenge continues through midnight on Tuesday this week, with winners announced on Wednesday. A new challenge is posted every Thursday. I look forward to further inspiration with these ladies, this year.

3 comments:

  1. Awww what a cute card! This is wonderful! Thanks for playing with us at CASE Study Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely card and great theme! Thank you for playing along :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how the balloons go off the page!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts!