Saturday 22 October 2011

Happy World Card-Making Day



Who knew there was such a thing? In honour of this day, one paper-crafting web-site, Paper Wishes, http://www.paperwishes.com/?ptpsalt suggests joining "Operation Write Home." This group collects and  sends hand-made, blank greeting cards to troops on tour of duty, so they can write their loved ones back home. Designer Vicki Garret, suggests donating your hand made cards to a local senior's program or nursing home. (See her work at: www.summerthymestudio.blogspot.com/).  Wonderful ideas. And I thought playing with paper was just kind of self-indulgent...
I will post a series of cards I've been completing for Thanksgiving, called "Grateful." Then have to decide who to donate them to!
Enjoy your day,
C

4 comments:

  1. Hi Caroline! I plan on doing a little tutorial about my loopy twine bows soon. I have had a lot of folks ask about them, so I figure I would take some photos and explain.

    Thanks!
    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your reply, Emily. I look forward to your online tutorial!
    C

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just stopping by to let you know that I used Glossy Accents to adhere my baker's twine from The Twinery. Have fun...oh, and great cards you have featured today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Caroline, these are a fantastic set of cards! I love the fall colours and the blue really pops. I'm delighted to be your first Follower. Please stop by my blog again soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts!