Tuesday 8 January 2013

Happy Birthday, Dear Blog...

Here are the colors for this week's Dynamic Duos color challenge:

Holy hot colours for winter, right?
Well, this is my birthday month, so I decided to make a couple of birthday cards. I used the CTMH colours  SMOOTHIE LAGOON
along with BLACK and COLONIAL WHITE.
His and Her Birthday cards!
 A couple of stamp sets are mixed: the cake layers and candles are CTMH D1352 "It's Your Day." So much fun to make that teetering gateau... !!! The cake-stand and greeting are from The Stamps of Life, cake2build and numbers4cake. My mother-in-law used to have a fancy cake- stand, and she would weave a different coloured ribbon through it to suit the occasion. I doodled a bit on the stand to make it look more lacy.
The Smoothie version


The Lagoon version
I am linking these up to Dynamic Duos Challenge #34.  The deadline is Thursday noon, this week, so why not ink up these sunny colours and join in?

*******

On the subject of milestones...
This month also marks the anniversary of the first time I submitted a card to a challenge: see this POST.
It is also the TENTH anniversary of my favorite weekend of the year (apart from vacation!): the "Scrapaholics Anonymous" annual scrap-booking retreat. I'll be joining twelve of my best crafty friends, for four days of cutting, glueing and getting caught up with each others' lives.
Cause for celebration, I think, with a challenge and giveaway!

Here's the deal:


  • You will have two weeks to post and link up your project (once I figure out how to use Mr. Linky). Deadline is Friday, January 25th, 2013.
  • The assignment is to create something that reflects how you feel about your birthday this year. Maybe its a big one with a big party. Maybe you prefer to down-play it. Maybe you've met some challenges this year. Make a card, lay-out, altered or 3D object.
  • The ladies in my scrappin' group will be the judges; winner will be notified by e-mail on January 27th, 2013.
  •  The prize package includes some lovely Close-to-My-Heart products: the "Adventure" set of 10 mini pigment ink pads (Z2501), the January 2013 stamp of the month, "Happy Valentine's" (S1301) and a Spring/Summer 2013 Idea Book, full of inspiring artwork (and must-have products, too!).


I hope you'll join in the first-ever "Caroline's Creations Challenge!"

Happy Crafting,
C

6 comments:

  1. I love your adorable pair of birthday cards. I hope you have/had a wonderful birthday. ;-) And congrats on your blogging milestone - how fun! Thank you for joining us at Dynamic Duos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great! Amazing us of this week's colors and super fun layout. Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot believe you are having your 10th anniversary! Time flies for sure! Have a blast and enjoy your birthday with your buds.

    Great cards - love the colour combo and the his and hers design!!

    xox, Muggie

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are fabulous Caroline! Love the choice of colours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous pair of birthday cards, just too cute! And yes, I like the lacy look on the cake stand, nice touch :) Thanks for sharing your cards with us at Dynamic Duos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday month! Great cards Caroline *Ü*

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts!