Wednesday 13 March 2013

Ombre goes "green"

I am loving messing around with this OMBRE effect!  

Here is another card, which I will be linking to the Heart2Heart challenge this week: Go Green
My project IS green. Very green. And it uses one of my favorite re-purposed items, the corrugated coffee sleeve...

This sophisticated St. Patrick's Day card features a cascade of leaves from the "Harvest Happiness" stamp set (CTMH), heat-embossed in white (plus a sneaky shamrock). Then from the bottom up, I layered New England Ivy, Olive, Topiary and finally Sweet Leaf. I love the suede effect produced by sponging on the colour! 

The shamrock is cut using a Sizzix die. I tried stamping the sentiment from  Paper Smooches' "A Magical Spring" onto CTMH's Color-Ready Seam Binding ribbon, but it bled quite a bit, so I added a slip of paper on top of the ribbon banner.

I'm so pleased with how this one turned out!
Go check out the other submissions this week at Heart2Heart. They are celebrating March Madness, with a new theme every week, and some prizes at the end of the month.
I'm also linking this baby up to the Moxie Fab World Ombre challenge, on through April 1st.

Happy SPONGING!

Caroline

6 comments:

  1. Really gorgeous, Caroline! Love the pop of kraft!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful stamps! Live the touch of kraft!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous shading on your card! Thanks for playing with us at H2H!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the shades of green! Totally awesome job, Caroline! Thanks for playing along with H2H this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Caroline! Thanks for linking this up to the Ombre Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts!