Friday 30 August 2013

Announcing...Tints!--Color My Heart Dare #58

This week's Color Dare features a trio of soft pastels:
SKY
SWEET LEAF
and BUTTERCUP
I believe Sarah will have a little color-theory lesson for you, on the blog, regarding TINTS.

We have a couple of young friends who are expecting, so these soft colours made me think of baby quilts.
I used the "Trip Around the World" pattern, cutting some papers from the Chantilly paper pack into 1/2 inch squares. 
I glued them to a base of scrap paper, and added a thin border in white. The centre square features a sweet little heart stamp from the retired set Happy Occasions. The faux stitching was done with a white pen.

The lacy ruffle at the top was punched with a Martha Stewart edger on thin computer paper, scrunched and then smoothed out again.
I had fun embellishing the little tag, which features another stamp from the Happy Occasions set. 
I used my Cropodile to round the corners. I gathered some stitched Sweet leaf ribbon by pulling on the stitching along one edge. Some Color Ready Seam-binding and some of the new Aqua Enamel dots complete the look.

Now I may just start a REAL quilt for one of those new babies...the paper one was such fun!

Now trip over to check out the Design Team's creations at the Color My Heart blog. 
How do these TINTS inspire you? Link up your creation to share with us; you have until Thursday noon, September 5th to get inky. Remember, if you don't have the exact Close to My Heart colors, use what you have. We love to see what you create! And there are new Jewel-tone winner badges up for grabs!
Happy crafting,
Caroline

Supplies Used:
Chantilly paper pack-X7163B
Sky and White Daisy cardstock
Sky and Buttercup ink
Sweet-leaf stitched ribbon
Color-ready Seam-binding
Aqua Enamel dots-Z1853
Happy Occasions stamp set-B1136 (retired)
Martha Steward border punch
Crop-o-dile corner-rounder
White printer paper

4 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts!