Friday 26 September 2014

Stenciled +

 Hola! and happy weekend!
I am WAY behind on my Copics for Cardmakers homework, so posting something I made last weekend, instead.
I LOVE the idea of this blog challenge:
http://themixedmediacardchallenge.blogspot.com.au/
I "found" it last week, through my very artsy virtual friend, Lyndal Higgins.
The challenge is to add texture, dimension and technique to your card-making.
With that in mind, I finished up with some stenciled, watercolor, embossing-paste panels I had made, following Jennifer McGuire's examples, HERE.

I used the Dreamweaver's paste I had on hand, and a stencil I bought from Club Scrap. After allowing the paste to dry, you apply watercolour paint. I believe Jennifer used a texture paste, which absorbs the paint better than the stenciling paste I had. So my watercolouring is kinda pastel; her's were lovely and vibrant.

However, I jazzed it up with a water-coloured stamped image, on vellum. Vellum is EVERYWHERE again! The stamp is last year's, from CTMH (thanks, Diana Saunders, for reminding me it was in my stash!), and I added several colours of Distress Ink, direct-to-paper. I let it dry VERY patiently, and added it to my card front with clear foam tape, from Clear-Tac.
Some falling sequins from Studio Calico and Pretty Pink Posh, and good to go.
As the challenge over at Simon Says Stamp Monday blog involves STENCILS & STAMPS, I've got that covered, too.

Now off to do my "homework!"
enjoy your weekend
Caroline

Supplies:
watercolour paper and watercolour paint set, vellum:  Michael's
cardstock and "blessings of the season" stamp:   CTMH
Stencil:  Club Scrap
Embossing paste:  Dreamweaver's, purchased from Paper Wishes
Distress inks: lipstick, marigold, persimmon, walnut stain; Ranger
Woodgrain sequins: Studio Calico
Flat copper sequins: Pretty Pink Posh


5 comments:

  1. Stunning card! The leaf looks amazing and I love the pretty background! Thanks for joining along with the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...this is simply stunning! What an amazing card Caroline and those colors are just fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really beautiful. I love your play of colors and the stencil you used.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts!