Sunday 23 November 2014

Final Call: for the Caring Hearts Card Drive

Hey there, crafty friends.
Last couple of cards to inspire you for the final week of the Caring Hearts Card Drive 2014.
There is still time to get inky and send in your cards. Check Vera's post HERE to see how the drive is going.  I've been receiving cards from some incredible paper-crafters, from all over Canada, and one from France! We'll get into distribution mode in early December, delivering the cards to nursing homes.
The "elves" that have been coming to my weekly card workshops ask where I get all my ideas...from other people, of course! Sometimes I love a design so much I shamelessly CASE it; other times it may lead to something completely different (to quote Monty Python)...
This card was inspired by Jen Mitchell's creation, HERE. Loved the use of multiple greetings in different colours.

And this one by the ever-inventive Sandy Allnock. Here's her original:
My star isn't as big, but I had fun with the embossed monotone background.

So, still time to send in some cards, to make some seniors smile, this holiday season!
Happy crafting,
Caroline

1 comment:

  1. OHHH! Love both of your cards--- love the multiple sentiments and colors! WOW! FUN! And your second card is beautiful! FAB all around:)

    I just sent in 2 cards this week- funny thing is that I hardly ever make Christmas cards! I really should make more! LOL!

    THANKS so much for stopping by the VS blog and leaving me some love! Your comment made my day! THANK YOU so much <3 Hope you have a fabulous day--- HUGS <3 Sav

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts!