Saturday 22 April 2017

Always chasing rainbows... Addicted to CAS

Good morning, crafty friends.

I created this graduation card for my son following a Stamp Nation challenge.
It looks deceptively simple, but contains a surprise.

It also fits the current code word at Addicted to CAS, which is RAINBOW!
You will note I didn't use the entire seven-colour palette for a proper rainbow. I focused on my son's favorite colours, one of which is purple.  I used Catherine Pooler inks, which work wonderfully for blending. I masked off the area for the rainbow and applied ink with a foam blending-tool. Next I used the MISTI to add the sentiment in black ink.  I added thin strips of black cardstock to define the rainbow section. A few stars and sequins hide some smudges!
Here's the inside:
An explosion of sentiments and fire-work-ish images.
 
The challenge at Addicted to CAS runs for another week--make sure to check it out.

Thanks for taking a look today!
Happy crafting,
Caroline

Supplies:
Catherine Pooler inks: Tiki Torch, Tiara, Lime Rickey, Aquatini, Something Borrowed, Flirty Fuschia and Midnight (black)
Cardstock: Catherine Pooler-white; Michael's-black
Stamp sets: Catherine Pooler, from the "Perfect Reason" collection
Sequins: Close to My Heart

6 comments:

  1. Great card, Caroline! I love your blended ink panel with bold sentiment on the outside of your card and the fun "explosion" insert inside. Thanks for reminding me of something I used to do twenty plus years ago!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. your rainbow looks so soft
    I love the blend of colors you did..
    great idea beautiful card
    I just join rainbow challenge at Addicted to CAS and see your wonderful card I decided to visit you..hope you like to visit back to my Umbrella Rainbow card
    hugs
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just visiting your cards..love all your Plaid Caroline...hope you like visiting me again..so so happy to have a new Bloggy friend :)

      Delete
  3. FABulous card...love your wonderful rainbow, the colors are so beautiful and vibrant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those colors are blended beautifully, Caroline, and I love the surprise inside. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Addicted to CAS.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hello from a fellow Canadian!
    Love this card...so pretty and those colour blends are amazing.
    TFS,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts!