Tuesday 15 November 2011

Never-ending Card

My nephew, Cameron, 14, is a gadget-guy. For his birthday, I thought he'd get a kick out of an "engineered card." The original design was created by Teresa Welch, who designs for Hot Off The Press http://www.paperwishes.com/, and can be found on her Amazing Folded Cards DVD. You can see a tutorial on how to cut and fold the card by visiting the PaperWishes site, and looking up the Webisode for May 16, 2011, entitled Amazing Folded Card-making (or use this link) http://www.paperwishes.com/webisodes/?id=347. I should have reviewed this before starting my card, as I got a little ahead of myself, and goofed on the orientation of the lettering on one of the faces... ;$


I used the Steam-punk papers and Dazzle-stickers from PaperWishes (lots of gears, metals and Victoriana), and letter and sentiment stamps from Close to My Heart.  He loved it, and the enclosed $$ towards purchase of a new cymbal (he's an awesome drummer). And the adults at the birthday celebration couldn't stop playing with it!  Try it for yourself!

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts!