Saturday 16 June 2012

I Wuz Here...


I was messing around with my Paper Smooches stamps the other day, and made this book-mark for my son.  Aren't those Kim Hughes-critters the greatest? They put a smile on my face every time. This little chicky is from the set: Chubby Chum Pals.  He was paper-pieced with Dotty for You paper and card-stock from CTMH, a little added shading done with markers. He is sitting on a nest/mess of Flower Soft. I keep trying with that stuff, and am never quite satisfied with the result...


Here's an image of the whole thing. I stamped the message with the retired "Boing" alphabet from CTMH. I love the funky letters of this set. I purchased it second hand from a CTMH friend; you might be able to find it for sale on a consultant's web-site.

My husband was telling us the other day of an old leather bookmark he had as a kid, which said "Here's where I fell asleep..." He always thought it was a weird message (how do they know what city I'm in?) when he was young, and only figured it out when he came across it in a box of treasures a couple of years ago... The wonderful logic of children!

Anyway, any of those Chubby Chums would make a great reading companion--I'll have to do some more experimenting!

Happy weekend!

1 comment:

  1. He is so fun, Caroline! Love the kraft with him!

    You asked about the embossing folder - it's Craft Concepts called In Stitches. You can get from cuddly Buddly here...

    http://cuddlybuddly.com/shop/v10725-craft-concepts-embossing-folder-in-stitches/

    ttfn!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts!