Friday 14 June 2013

Sweet as Honey...Color My Heart Dare #47

This week's color dare from Color My Heart features a single yummy color:
HONEY
It is a rich shade of yellow; kind of sunny.
As I had been doing some gardening this past week, I thought I'd stick with that motif.
And I admit, I totally CASEd this card design and the sentiment from a new Paper Smooches stamp set, Green Thumb (see what I mean HERE).

But I used all Close to My Heart products:
Keyboard Kraft Alphabet (sentiment)
Keyboard Upper-case stamp set (seed packet)
Floral stamps sets:
Claire Workshop
Girls Rock
and the pièce de résistance, that black glitter paper.
I bought a packet (comes with three different colours) of that stuff a couple of months ago, but as I'm not the most sparkly person, I hadn't used it yet. It was PERFECT for this project! Cuts beautifully with a simple border die, easy to glue down, and that texture and shine! Looks like rich soil.


Sow, pop on over to the Color My Heart blog for more seeds of creativity by the rest of the Design Team. Then grab your paper and ink and make a project (card, lay-out, 3D item) to share with us. If you don't have HONEY, use the closest colour plus your choice of neutrals (check the blog for details). We love to see what sprouts from your imagination!

Happy Crafting,
Caroline

Supplies Used:
Card stock in White Daisy, Colonial White and Kraft
Black & Grey Glitter Paper (Z1829)
Ink in Honey, Champagne and Desert Sand
black pen
Keyboard Kraft Alphabet stickers (Z1825)
Keyboard Uppercase stamp set (B1416)
Claire Workshop stamp set (G1056)
Girls Rock (C1538)
Border 1 die set from Paper Smooches



5 comments:

  1. Whata clever pun! I love how you used the black glitter paper for the dirt. You may have noticed I am not posting as much lately. You can blame my garden for it. This is the time of year that two passions compete.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun card! Love how you used the glitter paper for mulch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The glitter paper works so well... made me smile this one did! No not Yoda... just your MIA sis.

    xox, Muggie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Realized that I never commented HERE! This is one of my all time faves--and not just because of the sparkling soil. OK, because of that! ;) No really, it is just a darling all around card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Genius! I love the garden stake...it's so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts!