Wednesday 5 June 2013

What's up?...aka...how does your garden grow?

What's up in your neck of the woods?
I'm playing along with two fun challenges this week:

Keep it simple #15: where you must use a black background:
and the colour combo from the Dynamic Duos #55 which includes:
These seemed made for each other, especially when I added a cute little die-cut called "Vegetable Border" from Poppystamps (which I bought at my LSS, Heather's Stamping Haven. I think she should call it "stamping HEAVEN.") Anway, here's the result of my own "fusion."
Here's the deets: I used black lightly textured cardstock from Wausau papers. Ran that through my Big Shot with the die. Backed the openings with two Close to My Heart colours, Spring Iris (retired) and Ruby, leaving some space with foam tape, so the veggies look more dimensional. Heat-embossed the punny sentiment from Paper Smooches' Good Gab stamp set with white detail powder. And finally, added a scrap of black glitter paper (CTMH) to the bottom, to ground the image (get it?).

Very satisfactory! Almost as much fun as digging in the real thing, although there'll be no veggies growing in my garden for awhile yet...

Check out these two blogs for more inspiration:

Happy crafting,
Caroline

7 comments:

  1. this is adorable Caroline. Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So clever how you used the foam tape to really give dimension to the veggies and I like the color popping through like that! Thanks for paying Dynamic Duos this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so creative! love the diecutting...so perfectly done too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea to pop up the background! I like your colourful vegetables.
    Thanks for joining us at Keep it simple!,
    Mia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cutie patootie veggie patch!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts!