Friday 25 October 2013

Feeling Hallow-weeny! Color My Heart Dare #66

The challenge at Color My Heart this week involves two complementary colours:
BUTTERCUP
and
GYPSY
I'm sure your first thought was NOT Halloween! But that holiday is a big deal around this household, with one son born on Oct. 31st. Two sons are going to college in other cities this year, so their Halloween cards had to be made sooner than later.  
Credit where credit is due: this card is a CASE of one made in a card-workshop a couple of years ago by my American CTMH buddy, Kristin.
I started by stamping random bats all over a piece of GYPSY cardstock. The focal image was heat-embossed with black, and then BUTTERCUP and GYPSY inks were sponged over top. I love the  effect where the two colours merge! I added some Liquid Glass to the eye sockets for more dimension and shine.
I've been paying more attention to the insides of my cards recently (since the Online Card Classes' "Insider").

So how do this week's colours inspire you?
Check out some great examples at Color My Heart, and link up your creation to share. This challenge runs until Thursday, Oct 31st (how appropriate!) at noon.
You do not have to use Close to My Heart products to participate--use close colours of ink or paper from your stash, but please do join us for some creative fun.
☠☠☠☠☠
On another note, just a couple more days to enter to win some blog candy! See my POST HERE.

Happy crafting,
Caroline

Supplies used:
100% Close to My Heart this week:
Card stock in Gypsy, Black and White Daisy
Inks: Versamark, Buttercup, Gypsy, Black
Stamp sets: B1429 Eek & Shriek
(retired) D1442 Thriller 
(retired) C1462 All Hallows Eve 
Ribbon Rounds Black Collection
foam tape




4 comments:

  1. GORGEOUS Caroline, I just LOVE this card. While I don't normally like skull stamps.....this one is my favourite because of the flourishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Cee - the skull looks great with that glow around it... is this one PQ or NS bound?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Morag,
      I made two--one each for PQ and NS--changed up the ribbon and the inside stamping a bit. Now I have to do a BDay one for son #2 that rivals the most excellent one you sent!

      Delete
  3. gorgeous card!!! very spooky! LOVE IT!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts!