Tuesday 24 April 2012

Waddup??

Paper Smooches free digi-stamp for April


Just LOOK at this little owl. He is part of Paper Smooches free digital stamp image for April. What an expression! I'm not sure if he is intended to look sleepy or maybe sarcastic (the suggested sentiment is "you're a hoot"), but my take was...sardonic. 


I combined the digi-stamp with the Paper Smooches Sparks Challenge image for March 8th, this lovely wreath of felt flowers:









to create this ironic composition:

I love the combination of the beautiful floral wreath with the less-than-impressed owl.



My college/high-school age sons assure me this is the correct spelling of the contemporary "what's up?"


Using digital stamps is new to me, but they make for surprisingly easy paper piecing.  I just copy/pasted a few of the owl and branch images to a page, and printed it on regular paper. Then I taped small scraps of card stock over the printed images and printed them again. Then simply cut and pasted with scissors and glue, and added a little shading with markers.










For the wreath, I used the palm leaf stamp from PS' Zoo Crew, and a die cut flower "Creatable"from Marianne Design, in the Netherlands (another gift from my sister in Amsterdam--a whole 'nother continent of crafty stuff!). Can't recall where I found that burlap paper...old stash stuff! The font is Boing Alphabet from CTMH.







The inside of the card continues the sarcastic theme... You would have to send this to a really GOOD friend, or at least one with a sense of humour...

Now off to play with more of those little owls. I'm thinking book marks, with Whoo? Where? What? to help you remember the plot...

2 comments:

  1. This is so cute! I love the earthy colours and rustic look of this card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this little guy... I have him in rubber ;-)

    Great card Caroline - I so smiled when I saw it. Cool digital stamping and paper piecing. I do sooooo love paper piecing and I like the inside!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts!