Monday 29 July 2013

Adorable...Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge #14

Monday means SKETCH CHALLENGE TIME over at the Atlantic Hearts blog.  This week's design is particularly versatile and would work for many different-occasion cards.
There is always room for some flexibility with a sketch challenge, but this time I definitely wanted to take advantage of that large flower silhouette, by making a big fat flower, playing with some Noor! Design dies sent to me by my Dutch crafting friend, Corina.


I started out cutting the nested flower shapes from some double-sided CTMH paper. Then spritzed them with water, then played with a "smooshing" tool and my McGill foam mat.  After they had taken on the shape I was looking for, I set them aside to dry while I assembled the rest of the card.

The colour scheme comes from the current 10-Minute Craft Dash palette, 
but there was no way I was going to get this baby done in ten minutes...! But I did like the blue and coral colours paired with kraft paper.
The background is embossed with a large dots Cuttlebug folder; the focal mat is textured cardstock cut with a Nestabilities die.
Flourishes, cut with a Paper Smooches die, add some whimsy. The sentiment comes from Paper Smooches' "Good Gab" stamp set, heat-embossed onto a Simon Says Stamp tilted banner die. Notice the new bling from CTMH!
Lots of dimension, eh? Not exactly mail-able, but this one will be hand-delivered to hubby for his birthday this week.

So! I'm sending you off to the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge blog, to see the new sketch up close. Creations by the other DT members will be posted on Wednesday of this week, and you have until midnight, Sunday, August 4th to link up YOUR take on the sketch.
How will you interpret it?
Can't wait to see your creation!

Happy crafting,
Caroline

CTMH Supplies Used:
Cardstock: Kraft, White Daisy, Smoothie, Pacifica
Patterned Paper: Elemental (retired)
Ink: Versamark, Pacifica dye ink
White detail embossing powder
Bling: Base & Bling Floral accents Z1883; Bitty sparkles Z1263

Other Supplies:
Nestabilities: Labels #2 dies
Joy Craft/Noor! Design: Floral Flourishes dies
Paper Smooches: Flourishes #1 die set
Simon Says Stamp: Tilted Banners die set
Cuttlebug: embossing folder (large dots)
Paper Smooches: "Good Gab" stamp set.

10 comments:

  1. I was going to say, if you got that done in 10 minutes, I'm going to shoot myself!! Great card, so many great details to admire, and I love that color combo, too. Very fresh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No need for any shooting...I can only dig up the nerve to do that 10-minute challenge every month or so, but it often has great colour combos. Thanks!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful card! Love the dimension on those flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome...love the bloom and the embossing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colours look great!! The flower is perfect and yes I DO love the bling!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the card, bling, flowers and colour choice. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. the flower is perfect! thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful job! I'm going to have to bookmark that 10 minute challenge site too.. thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. FAB 10 Minute card Caroline!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW!! This is stunning! I adore!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts!