Saturday 14 December 2013

Sweet and Subtle--Dynamic Duos #83

Happy Saturday morning, Dynamic Duos fans!
Think of me WARMLY this morning--as you read this, I'll be out caroling with my choir, in -17°C weather...
Here's the challenge for this week, from Dynamic Duos:
I have to admit, I find these "Subtly Yours" weeks the most challenging. I am drawn to more vibrant colours and contrasts, but hey, that's what challenges are all about, right?

I broke out my new Modern Mehndi stamps and dies from Lil'Inker:
Don't they remind you of those Mandala black-velvet posters that were popular in the 70's? I could colour those things for hours...
Anyway,  I was also inspired by some little note cards by Jen Shults, HERE, to create these:
 I inked each image with Memento Rich Cocoa, then used Copic markers in shades of the challenge colours to colour them in. The cards were cut from kraft paper at 3" using the Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge, with a smaller white square inside, for writing.

Here's a closer look at each one:
I used some of the accompanying images on the card bases, to give that henna look.
My fave is this one.
This next one almost looks like paisley. Might have over-done the background stamping.
Card sets are a great Christmas gift idea! 

Check out the Dynamic Duos blog for more wonderful inspiration from the Design Team:

We'd love to see YOUR creations! Here's how to participate:


Happy crafting,
Caroline 

Card Recipe:
Cardstock in Kraft and White Daisy
Inks: Memento Rich Cocoa, CTMH Saddle
Copic Markers: B0000, BG10, BG72, BG75, E50, E33, E35 , Y26
Stamps and dies: Lil'Inker-- Modern Mehndi 
Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge (CTMH)
Jute twine
Cocoa ribbon
Foam tape



9 comments:

  1. Wow! These are stunning! The images just glow, the coloring is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love your set of note cards. Great design and coloring. Your favorite is my favorite also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Caroline. My faves are yours and the one above it! Something delicious about those colours against the kraft background.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Caroline, these look like hand-painted tiles! Your coloring is awesome- makes me want to try Copics! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow- I love them all!! Great job with the coloring and the Kraft background looks terrific with the subtle colors :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. FABulous set of cards Caroline - showcase these stamps & dies beautifully! Hope you're keeping warm!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are awesome!!! I was drooling over them when you uploaded to the blog! Very nicely done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are just stunning Caroline - I think you may have sold me those stamps lol!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts!