Wednesday 7 October 2015

Feeling Thankful...

Hello crafty friends :)

Thanksgiving weekend is coming up, here in Canada, and I was able to celebrate the joy of creating with the Recreation Therapy department again, at the rehabilitation centre where I work.
We held a "thankful" card workshop on Tuesday evening.
I usually work up three demo cards, and pre-cut all the materials, so the participants can stamp, ink and glue to their hearts' content. I love it when they take my ideas and run, making a creation all their own. 
So here are the samples, which will be sent out to my family tomorrow! Hopefully Canada Post cooperates...
One great big Hero Arts maple leaf stamp, inked with Distress inks and spritzed, then stamped onto small white card-stock squares. No two alike!
Started with a piece of white watercolor paper, smooshed on distress inks in three colours, then stamped the leaf images in black. The leaves are from Newton's Nook Designs. The sentiment stamp is Close to My Heart.
Falling leaves punched from one more distress inked panel. The sentiment is the same Newton's Nook Design. The side-stitched rectangles are from Lil Inker Designs.

To all my Canadian pals, enjoy the long weekend. To my American friends, see you in November!

Make some cards for the Caring Hearts Card Drive!

Happy crafting,       
Caroline

P.S. A few more examples, but BAD photos...



2 comments:

  1. Beautiful fall cards! Great to see you back in the swing of things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving to you! Your cards are just stunning, you really have a way with those beautiful fall colors.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts!