Saturday 3 October 2015

Kick-Off to Caring Hearts


 Hello World!
It's been so long since I posted anything that I've almost forgotten how...
Working full-time, managing my crazy household and keeping up at the gym have taken all my time and energy.
However, I had to acknowledge World Card-Making Day.
I don't have anything to show you just now, but I will be spending some time in my crafty space today; I'll be sure to take some photos.

AND
I do want to let you know that the
Caring Hearts Card Drive rides again!
That lovely lady, Vera Wirianta Yates, has organized the biggest Christmas/holiday card drive again this year. This marks the 6th year of the drive and it just keeps getting bigger and better.
Card-makers from the USA, Canada and Australia send in their hand-crafted holiday cards, which are then distributed to nursing homes and seniors' residences. The recipients get a beautiful random-act-of-kindness greeting, at what can be a very lonely time of year. It's a win-win situation! Plus there are prizes...
You can check it all out HERE, at Vera's blog.

I'm really pleased to say that I'll be the  Eastern Canada site for collecting cards again this year.
I'll be sharing how some of the cards will be distributed locally, with help from my friends at Ottawa Therapy Dogs.
More details on what to make and where to send it will follow.
If you would like a nursing home in your area to receive cards, please verify with the administration and send me the address.

Now get your craft on!
Catch you later,
Caroline
P.S.: the photo of the French-Canadian meat-pie, tourtiere is from Christmas last year...

1 comment:

  1. I love your post....and that pie looks so amazing! Hope you had a fabulous time in your craft room.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts!