Friday 3 May 2013

Fueled with Caffeine and Cocoa! Color My Heart #41

Color My Heart has a most delicious challenge for you this week. 
Use TWO shades of brown, and ONE OTHER COLOUR of your choice (plus white if you so desire). The browns are
SADDLE (a nice mocha) 
and COCOA (a deep, dark brown).

Fellow DT member Becca made a scrumptious cup-cake, HERE, which led me to thoughts of a nice café latte...
For the feature colour, I used TANGERINE, from the new Dream Pop paper pack, available this month at Close To My Heart. There are six fabulous patterned papers and six gorgeous food-inspired solid colours, with fun glossy embossed patterns.
The coffee stamp set and dies are  from The Stamps of Life; see the full set HERE.
I paper-pieced the cup, lid and sleeve. The sleeve, cut from Saddle, was also run through a chevron embossing folder to give the look of corrugated kraft paper. I used Sunset ink, a close match to Tangerine, and some coordinating baker's twine.
This was so much fun to piece together that I made a couple of other examples. My card-making group will be creating their own versions of these, later this week.

Here's a closer look at the MINT:

and STRAWBERRY examples:

So! break out your browns and join in the fun at Color My Heart! You have until midnight next Thursday May 9th to link up your creation.  Close to My Heart colors are not necessary--use close colours from your stash. What do these browns make you think of?

Have a great week!
Caroline

CTMH Supplies Used:
Saddle, Cocoa, White Daisy card-stock; Dream Pop colours: Tangerine, Strawberry and Mint.
Inks: Cocoa, Sunset, Lagoon.

Other Supplies:
Embossing folder, Sizzix
Twine from the Twinery in Mandarin, Caribbean and Cappucino
Coffee4two stamp set and dies from The Stamps of Life.
Spectrum Noir markers

8 comments:

  1. love! doesn't get better than coffee cards:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Amy. Me and caffeine are good friends! In fact...

    Back now. Cuppa caffeine in my hand. Love these cards and the Dream Pop bright colors against the Cocoa. And the Saddle colored wraps are a perfect compliment. Great cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute set of cards! I love these! And you have convicted me to OPEN the Saddle ink that I bought months ago!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this set of cards - especially the cosies (sleeves).

    ReplyDelete
  5. They made me think of the cute little monkey on the outfit that my baby was wearing when he turned 9 months old. :) I finally made a scrapbook layout, can you believe it?

    I really like the idea of the coffee cups that you came up with, especially the corrugated cardboard made with a chevron embossing folder! And the texture on the cardstock looks really cool as the coffee cups! You did a really great job on these cards!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your coffee cups! Great job of showcasing some of the Dream Pop colors and Cocoa is a great color to coordinate with all of the Dream Pop colors. Thanks for the inspiration1
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Caroline thank you for stopping by. What a pleasant surprise to see that coffee cup... You lucky girl I didn't grab mine fast enough and now they are out of stock. lol! Very cute! Thank you again.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts!