Friday 17 May 2013

Primarily speaking...Color My Heart Dare #43


Here's my happy little card for this week's Color Dare, using some bold primary colours:
CRANBERRY
HONEY
OUTDOOR DENIM

Those happen to be the colours of CTMH's paper pack Tommy which has some neat nautical images. I used one piece of the Tommy paper for my "sky" and Outdoor Denim for my "sea." Some border dies and Paper Smooches' Wicked Nauticool stamp set completed the tool kit.
 CTMH's card stock has a white core, so the white is revealed when you sand the paper. This is what I did to get some "white-caps" on the edge of my "waves." The different layers are foam-taped on top of each other to give the effect of a choppy sea. 
I stamped the life preserver on kraft paper and added some shading with markers. The little gull is also coloured with markers. The speech bubble was cut with the Cricut Artiste cartridge.

I used the maritime signal flags to decorate the inside of the card.

I gave this thank-you card to a co-worker earlier this week, who helped me out with some French translation (I can speak the language but writing in it is a whole 'nother matter...She came to my aid!)
I'm heading out to the East Coast this weekend to open up our cottage, so this wavy scene was also most appropriate.

*****
Sail on over to the Color My Heart blog to see some other great ideas with our primary colours. You have one week to post your project. If you don't have CTMH colours its okay, just sub in similar colours. But remember, just those colours PLUS neutrals (black, white, grey, browns and kraft) are ship-shape for our colour challenges.

Happy sailing!
Caroline

Supplies:
Card stock in White Daisy, Outdoor Denim and kraft
Tommy paper pack
Inks in White Daisy, Cranberry, Outdoor Denim, Honey and Cocoa
Copic markers
Hemp twine
Foam tape

7 comments:

  1. Haha, Caroline, I love all your little puns! This card is so cute and love the effects that you used on the cardstock in the water, like the sanding and popping up with foam tape. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The water on this one is amazing--I love how you detailed it! The little bird on the lifesaver is FABULOUS! So cute and the hemp is PERFECT! Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we are all in love with how you did that water. This card just makes me smile. The whole thing...it just makes me smile! I think that's the hightest compliment because, really, isn't that the whole point of hand-made cards???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great sailing card--love what you did with the water--paper layered and distressed. The greeting is perfect for your thank you card to a friend. Thanks for the inspiration!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fantastic, Caroline! I love the layers of waves!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the colour combo, the visual the waves and background makes and the inside. Thanks for continuing to inspire your little sis.

    xox, Muggie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts!