Friday 31 May 2013

Hoppin' with Dream Pop--Color My Heart Dare #45


The assignment at Color My Heart this week was to use materials from the special "Dream Pop" paper pack. These yummy papers come from Close to My Heart, in celebration of National Scrap-booking Month.  The collection includes 12 sheets of double-sided patterned paper (2 each of six designs), and 12 sheets of solid color card-stock (2 each of 6 colours) with glossy embossed designs. Visual and tactile appeal, and colours with luscious names like Strawberry, Tangerine and Mint. Yum!
 You can visit my CTMH website HERE for a more complete look at the set, and you can still purchase it for $10, with a $35 purchase, through midnight tonight, May 31st.

Anyway, I was struggling with my design; how best to showcase the patterns and colours, until I decided to let the patterned paper speak for itself.

I covered the card front with one of the design papers, and used RASPBERRY glossy CS and a photo-frame die from Lil'Inker Designs to high-light one of the funky doodled elements. I made a couple more flowers using some old dies (if in doubt, scout your stash!) from Sizzix and Cuttlebug, using the GREY and BANANA glossy CS.

Then I went to town with my collection of Liquid Pearls, adding dots and globs to emphasize those doodles. The little sentiments were stamped using another Lil'Inker product, the Notebook Doodle stamp set.

I added some more doodles on the inside, stamped in coordinating colours (Bubblegum, Slate and Honey), and some more paper and washi tape, just for fun.

Et voilĂ , a very fun and funky card.

Now POP on over and take a look at what the other gals on the Color My Heart DT have come up with. No shortage of inspiration!  Then break out your Dream Pop paper, or similar colors and show us what you can do!
You have until June 5th to link up your project. We love to see your creations!

Happy crafting,
Caroline

P.S.: I'm linking up this card with Sunday Stamp's challenge #51, Summer Lovin', which happens to feature these same lovely colours.

Supplies Used:
CTMH Dream Pop paper pack (featured colours Banana, Raspberry and Grey)
White Daisy card stock
Inks in Honey, Bubblegum and Slate
Slate Washi Tape
Grey Flannel baker's twine
*****
Lil'Inker Designs Instant Camera die
Lil'Inker Designs Notebook Doodle stamps
Sizzix dies
Cuttlebug flower die
Pink craft foam
Liquid Pearls in Buttercup, Fuschia and Grey

12 comments:

  1. How fun! Love how you went with the flow, or in this case, the print. This is a page I haven't given much thought to. You have inspired me to take another look at it..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super fun card!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am CRAZY about this card. Every single detail adds to the rest. Love, love, LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your card! I've been having a hard putting together the papers in this collection, but you did a great job. Very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful use of the patterned paper, Caroline! I love the photo frame diecut and all the Liquid Pearl accents. You've created a really beautiful card. You inspire me as always!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is stinking cute! Every time I look at it, I notice something else to admire. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG I am in love with EVERYTHING about this card!!! Such an awesome amount of detail and fun. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sunday Stamps, we sure hope to see you again :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card is so much fun! I love all your elements and especially the images that are inside and outside the frame. Thanks for playing along with us at Sunday Stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute card! I love all the embellishing done with the Liquid Pearl - perfect paper to accent that with. Thanks so much for joining us at Sunday Stamps this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute card Caroline! Great elements in your card. Love how you even decorated the inside of the card. Thanks so much for joining us at Sunday Stamps for this color challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun card... it's nice when the paper does a lot of the work! I love all the fun elements you added too. Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Funky fun! Love the colours and the abstract-ish layout of the elements. Great card!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts!